Oxford Pedestrians Association campaigns to make Oxford a better place to walk. Conditions for enjoying streets and urban outdoor spaces in Oxford are blighted by crowding, obstacles, air pollution, and traffic issues. OxPA campaigns to improve these issues.
OxPA argues the case for better walking conditions by:
• Lobbying and working with the City and County Councils to improve our pavements
• Responding to consultations and proposals affecting the walking environment
• Holding regular meetings for people interested in walking as a form of transport
• Producing a regular newsletter distributed to all members and other interested parties
• Liaising and networking with other groups
• Auditing the walking environment